Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When you're dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part

Have you, in your life ever felt that you have improved?
I have. Not that I'm praising myself or even boasting, but I do feel that I have change and improved, one way or another.

I just got back recently from my training in Malay Mail which is quite an eye opening experience. I've received more exposure than I thought which is very good. However, you have to have the attitude to do something.

I once did not have that kind of attitude at all but things slowly but surely change during my time in high school up to college. The attitude of not giving up, finishing what you have started and be willing to take anything that comes your way. Not many people is born with that kind of characteristics. I know I am not. As a matter of fact, I was a mommy's boy, a lazy fella (well, still is in some aspects) and I do not finish what I started. Put things in a simple way, I was immature.

Things change when I started going back to high school where I was expose to many things. I had inspiring seniors, who led by example. Though they may be a pain the ass and sometimes I despised them, but as time passes by I realised that whatever they have done for or on us, its for our own good. From there, I felt like I have built my character. The art of communicating with people. So far it has worked wonders for me.

I remember back in form 2 when I was a leader for my patrol in scout group, I thought I was leading very well. In truth there were no communication between me and the members. There were groups..its like a mutiny was gonna happen but thank goodness it did not. haha. From there, I saw what went wrong and I managed to change and realised, I was terrible..really really bad back then.

Peer pressure is the other reason I improved. I was the last minute kind of guy..as in really last minute but there is this chunky monkey (yes you know who you are) who is so punctual that sometimes I feel it went up to the point of overdoing it. But hey, thats her and it worked well for this chunky monkey so I have to take my hats off that. So I kinda improved a lil bit from the time management thingy and try to get things done as soon as possible rahter than procrastinating. Personally, it felt good, finishing things up before the deadline..though some may say that doing things last minute may help enchance their work.

I have not only change in terms of work. But on how I view relationships. From the typical messaging everyday with your high school crushes to a mature relationship. However, one thing do not change in a relationship that both parties must communicate with each other, in any way possible. A relationship could not last by just trusting each other etc etc..we're not living in the past anymore where the man (whose ego is as high as the sky) do not communicate with their partners and the relationship could just work out. Things are very different now. We need sparks. We do not wanna be boring. Look at the westerners (not that I want to glorify them), they communicate. No doubt their divorce rates are high, but I still like their way. Bleh, cheesy.

Anyhows, I feel like I've made the right changes in life. Have you?

No comments: