Monday, March 8, 2010

And through it all, she offers me protection, a lil love and affection

To all women out there, Happy Women's Day!

Apparently every 8th of March is Women's Day (I didnt even know this existed but kudos!) and all the radio stations (at least Fly.Fm) have been promoting today. There was this question, which job is the most unappreciated job for a women? (or it sounded something like that)

Well, I am pretty sure that the first occupation that comes into everyone's mind - Mother. Love or hate them, to me they ranked first in the most unappreciated job for women in the world. Let's face it, without mum's I dont think we would exist. Though the guys are the sperm carriers, we were not formed from an embryo to a foetus in our dad's underwear right? Mothers go through months of hard labour, carrying us around and making sure that we're cozy in her stomach (forgot whats the scientific term for it.)

And that's not even the hardest part of all. The bringing us up is the hardest part of every mums (and dads) in the world. They constantly worry about you - from whether you have eaten or had enough sleep to when was the last time u went for your poo poo. That's when we're kids. When we're at our teenage adult stage, they would have a new set of worries like, education and to me, which road are we heading to, the good and obedient or the rebellious one. A daunting task if you ask me. There's no rest or leisure for these unsung heroines. No wonder women these days do not wanna have kids. However, there is a saying that says something like, you have to have kids at least once to be a whole and complete women. No doubt bout that.

Mothers and fathers play a different role in the family. It has been generations that men is seen to be a leader, be it a nation or a family and the sole breadwinner of the household. And women are there to only take care of the house. Those days are long gone. Women now can not only care for the household, but also earn some income for the family. They make warriors back in the days hide behind their own mummy's skirt.

However, the most important job as a mum, to me is be there for me emotionally and mentally. They are always there when life is so hard and cruel, you can fall back on them. They make a house feel like a sanctuary where you can put aside your frustrations even just for a moment. Furthermore, even if you committed the world's worst crime, and every single living soul on the planet hates you, your mum's love would not waiver. The song 'Angel' by Robbie Williams is the best example of what a mother would do for you. My mum once told me this, "You can rob a bank, you can murder someone, I would still forgive you..but if you come tell me NOW that I am going to be a grandmother, I will disown you straight away." A pretty interesting and less awkward way to teach me on safe sex. And she aint kidding when she meant that she will disown me. haha.

Yea, there are those occasional naggings that a mother would usually give their children. Which mum in the world would not nag? The routine phrase of , "Fold your blanket" , "Study" ,"Tidy your room", "Wash your car" and the list goes on. If you're living on your own, you'll occasionally miss those naggings.

So to your dude and duddettes out there, take care of your mum when they are old.
And to my dear mummy, if you are reading this, though I've broken lots of promises before (that I would clean my room, for example) there is one that I would not break which is to take care of you when you're left with only two genuine front teeth. I love you, mum.

Happy Women's Day to all you pretty ladies out there!




P.S : Happy Women's Dayy to you too my dear baby. Thank you for tolerating my sometimes intolerable attitude and loving me for not only my good sides but my imperfections as well. Love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you once more~~~
Best author ever...
so smooth and got point!