Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cause everybody knows that, nobody really knows

There are a few people that I dont like in this world. Not specifically, but generally. One of them is the kiasu type of people. Have never really like them. There is this fella, a dude from my facebook account who scored pretty good results in STPM. How good? 3A's and 1A-. Yea, that good and heck he even came out in the New Straits Times newspaper. Okay, it seems that im heading towards being more specific now than general but what the heck, I love to rant. Even after achieving such results, he said it was unpredictable. I thought thats pretty good, having not predicted your results to be so good..but I was dead wrong. He said he expected to be better. And goes on blabbering bout "how bad my results are" , "how i have dissapointed my parents" and here comes the champion quote, "how I wont get into any local university to study med with this kind of result" . Like dude, are you freaking serious? Come on, you're taking STPM for goodness sake! Perhaps its right that he do not take up the med course because with this kind of attitude, you aint gonna go far. Think of others who do not really score well and imagine thier horror if they happen to stumble upon your unnecessary self-pity.


Which brings me to think, would my kid be that way? would he/she be that kiasu in the future? If it does, Imma gonna give him a tight slap or for the girl, I am just gonna cut of her shopping allowance.

I am never a believer of acedemic education. Yes, I do agree that one have to have good education, good at studies etc etc etc. But will text books bring you far in life? Or will exams decide whether you succeed in life? To me, personally, its no. Being smart at studies is just not enough in life. As an intern now, I realized I only applied 10% of what I learned in the classroom and 90% on what I learn outside of classroom, from high school up to the stage I am in now.

And most of the 90% comes from the time when I was in scouts, clubs and prefects where characters are trained, your attitude are being put straight and where you start to learn how to develope your connections with people who are older than you or with people who have higher post compare to you. All those training and gasak-ing I went through in high school is now beginning to reap its rewards. Now I know why when I was in scout, we must not sleep until we are done building our gadgets or when I serving my duty as a prefect for my school, the seniors (doubt most of them know the reason behind it) pushed us around so much. We definitely can't go to bed until we have finish our work and as newbies or even interns, we'll definitely be pushed around..A LOT. I can go on with this as I have so much to say. All this have made transition from being a student to a working adult so much smoother and it does not feel torturous when you have to go through the working ordeal because I can say, "hey, Ive been through it before. No biggie."

This does not only applied on a specific working field but on every single profession. Imagine the dude up there I mentioned earlier? He might know everything in the books. But when it comes to a sudden real life incident say where, someone was shot in the public or there was a road accident or something unusual happens in the public, outside the operating room. Will he act immediately on instinct or grab a book out of his suitcase and realized there are no guidelines on how to treat a patient outside the operating room, and thus start to tremble and cry for symphaty, like how he did on his results.

It does not matter how smart you are, if your attitude stinks. So will your life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post baby!!!
*PEACE*