Friday, March 12, 2010

So yeah, we're going down

This is one of those years where, whatever team or personnel I am supporting will not win or will not do well at all.

Liverpool FC (Yes all you Manure fans out there, laugh it all out..plus the one specific Hotspurs fan) and Alex Lambert are two of the best examples.

One, being dubbed as the title contender this year has falter terribly, instead of fighting for honours and title, the Reds are left to slug it out for Champions League spot - where they are currently in danger of even not qualifying for it. Another one, a contestant in the new (and boring, compared to last year) season of American Idol who has a unique and distinct voice that would win over millions - but sadly it was not the case on Thrusday night where he was eliminated instead of Tim Urban, a guy who totally decimated 'Apologize' though he has improved considerably. Then again, Alex Lambert totally have my vote.

Having had one of the best season last year, Liverpool this year has totally turn it around- for the worse as they now have to slug it out against teams like Hotspurs, Villa and Man City when we should be challenging teams like Chelsea and Barcelona for glory.

It bemuses me how a team can fall from grace out of a sudden and nothing much has changed last season compare to teams like like Manure, who sold their star player, Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and only took in Gabriel Obertan, a youngster and Michael Owen on a free while we sold our player of the season Xabi Alonso and defender Arbeloa to the Spanish side. We got a right back at 17 million and a crocked Italian for an estimated fee of 20 million (though it depends on appearance). But performance wise, Man united have been heads and shoulders above us although we beat them the last time we met.

Its all going down hill for the red side of Merseyside now and I am fast losing hope on Rafa Benitez and his claims of achieving top 4 spot this season. I am preparing myself for the worse, the taunts of opposing fans and worse, the departure of several star players like Torres. I will still keep my faith in Rafa as the manager but the latest results, a 1-0 defeat to Lille, things are looking gloomier than ever.

For American Idol, oh boy. Biggest shock for me is the elimination of Alex Lambert and the decline of another favorite of mine, Andrew Garcia. If this goes on, Andrew might face the boot sooner rather than later. For the girls, I have only genuinely cast my eyes on Siobhan Magnus, the quirky contestant in American Idol. How boring compare to last year. Contestants last year have definitely set a high standard and from the looks of it, the class of 2010 is not really keeping up with them.

Ah well..life is full of ups and downs. Perhaps this year is the down year. Hopefully, my luck will rise again, so will Liverpool FC.

I'm pretty sure if Fabio Capello knows of my problems now, he would definitely hope England is my sworn enemy.

No comments: