Friday, April 10, 2009

Chapter 26 - Horror and Touched

I was sitting down...my vision,blurred for a couple of seconds and i hear a familiar voice asking me to lie down.."Lie down and don't move," said a very worried looking Mr Aaron.

I didnt really know what hit me..all i could remember was me falling down from the chair, head first and BAM! I was seeing stars...well not exactly stars..

As i was lying down i moved my hand to touch my forehead and to my horror, i felt a curve into the frontal skull of my forehead..I knew i was in freaking deep shit..Lecturers started pouring in and one by one looked at me and gasped..It did not help the fact that i was scared to death and add in a few more gasped and the horror-ed looking faces of the lecturers, scared to death was an understatement at that period of time.

As i was lying down waiting for the ambulance to come, i was left in the hall with Mr Aaron..I was lying down but i still could see the guiltiness written all over his face and he kept talking with me, fearing that i would be unconscious..He kept asking me question and perhaps he even prayed to me just so i could be conscious while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. I was actually more than conscious..loads of things were running through my mind that very moment when i knew that there's a high possibility that i cracked my skull and it might affect my brain. A lot of things went around in my head..Loved ones, friends, future and..and stuff that i did not and should have done before it came to this point..i know it may sound cliche but if u were in my position, i might atleast be pardon to think so that way.

The thoughts made my body tremble a bit..thoughts of me not being able to do what i want..parts of it were will it ever effect me when i play sports? will i ever have some memory loss?I trembled even more thinking of not being able to be active in sports anymore..then i received a call from my mum..her voice was very worried and anxious..apparently the college manage to contact her..after telling her that i would be sent to GH,she immediately close the phone n went there..The ambulance finally arrived after 15 long minutes which to me felt like hours and I was a lil bit exhausted, perhaps due to the trembling.

I was a lil bit relax and also a lil bit scared travelling in the ambulance, first time travelling in it. Mr Chum, one of our admin officer followed me in the ambulance n he kept reassuring me things will be alright..and i kept asking, "Is my head really bad?" . He has that concerning look everytime i asked and every answer was " It is not that bad..don't worry."

Once we reached the hospital i was immediately sent to see the doc. Suprisingly, instead of working fast, the doctor kept talking to one of the nurses about karma in indian language while propping me up, at a slow pace..the indian doctor set me up and asked me some questions..after that i was told that i had a frontal fracture and all i could manage to ask was the same as always "Is my head really bad?"

"You have a fracture, that is already bad enough..we have to scan your brain." answered the doc.

Yeap,i was left there awhile, i could feel my whole face turning white with horror, the words "WE HAVE TO SCAN YOUR BRAIN" left me stunned and without a second more to dwell in my horror, a nurse appeared and said she has to insert one of the needle like thing into my hand..to tranfer the drips into my body just incase i go into a fit and i had to put on an oxygen tiub incase i have difficulty in breathing. My nose were burning when the tiub entered my nose..it wasnt comfortable at all with the additional thoughts im thinking,i was going through hell.

Not long after that, my mum came and she look worse than she sounded, i thought it wouldnt have hit her so hard but i was wrong..she was close to tears while she kept touching my body to look for any further injuries..that moment was the first time i felt like crying since the begining of this whole ordeal..before i could respond any further, i was pushed into the scanning room..

I was starting to get a lil bit restless and edgy on the CT machine..i kept moving about a lil and it took longer than it was suppose to be..after it was finally done i was so relieve and exhausted at the same time..but i do not dare to even think bout sleeping or dozing off for the moment as the doctor said earlier that i may lost my consciousness..i do not wanna lose my consciousness..i wanna know exactly what happen to me asap..while waiting for the doctor to come check the scanning results, my dad and few of his colleagues came. They went outside and talked alil bit about my condition with a person incharge..I was trying really hard to keep myself awake..with all the restlessness and edgy-ness of my whole body kicked out..exhaustion kicked in..eventually i dozed off a lil while.

I was awaken by a shake from a new doctor..he kept bombarding me with questions and later went to check the scans together with my parents and their colleagues..then only i realised that i dozed off..I was relieved that i did not lose consciousness..from afar i saw my parents talking to the doc n all..

After they finish discussing..my mum said " The doctor said your brain is not affected because there is a second layer of skull protecting your brain..only your first layer of skull got fractured and cracked ---- but you will have a permanent dent on your forehead"

I did not really concentrated about the dent on my forehead and i was just so relieved that nothing bad happened to my brain..thank gooodness!

Later on i was asked to be admitted into the hospital for a check on my skull..whether if i wanna perform a plastic surgery to fix my dent part..i was relunctant after listening to the way the doctor described it..but no harm staying for one night...

Another wave of good things started to happen..my baby came! i was oh so relieved to see her..and the way she looked at me..it kinda make me wanna do this over n over again just to see the look in her eyes again..just kidding..i was really happy and like i've said before relieved to have her by my side now..itz like the weight and worry that i was carrying was just cut into half..

I was then transferred to my ward while waiting for the second scan on my skull..this time for the plactic surgery purposes..i was pushed into the lift n all by bed..it was kind of a surreal feeling you know..i watch alot of doctors movie but I would never have dreamt that i would be in this position at this age of my life..so yea..kinda surreal..made me feel like im in one of the Hong Kong TVB drama series..lol..i know i watch too much tv..

The nurses in my ward directed me to change into the patient clothing which was..enourmously huge for my size...sighh..couldnt complain much and went to change..when i was back..i was given a pleasant suprise..a visit from Sher Lyn, Shu Pei, Melody and Aniq! Very very suprised..haha..they kinda made my day..im not much kind of a person who show affections but i was so touched by their presence..very touched indeed..my mum left to take some clean clothes from the house for me..and i started receiving calls from Mou Jian and Chong Yen and messages from friends..they made my day..yes cliche again but they really do!

We talked awhile and not long after that i was asked to go for another scan and the four of them left..so im only together with my baby..went for the CT scan,this time i was more cool n compose..knowing that i would be fine...so far..

We went back up to the ward after the scan and an unexpected visitor came..yes, Chong Yik Sean actaully came to visit me!I was like..WOW..haha..we crapped we talked and he buaya-ed some nurses there along the way..tsk tsk..haha..it was fun though talking to him..very entertaining..haha..

After he left, I still havent saw how i look like yet..how bad is the extent of the damage on my forehead..part of me wanted to go see for myself and another part..was kinda scared to see the outcome of it..so after some thoughts..i went to see myself in the mirror..

I looked normal..just with a sligh bum on my head..but according to the doctor earlier..the dent wouldnt be visible now..perhaps later when the swell goes down and it'll be pretty much visible after that..kept imagining how'd i look like with a dent on my forehead..i shuddered thinking bout it..

All the probs were swept aside when Shin went to buy some food for me to fill my stomach..was really glad she was there till the visitation hours..couldnt have asked for more..thanks alot baby!My parents came back later with clean clothing and other necessities..

Moments after i was left alone..


I'll continue the rest of it on the next post..kinda tiring now and itz by far the longest post i've written..haha..
till the next chapter..
chaozzzz!!

No comments: